Thanks for stopping by Personal Finance Journey! My name is Mike and I am the proud new owner of this site. The original owner of PFJ started this site as a way to share her thoughts, ideas and experiences as she evolved, discovered and moved through the milestones of financial development on her own personal finance journey.
As a student of self development, self improvement and financial intelligence her site inspired and resonated with my own goals and principles. As the proud new owner of PFJ I plan to continue on in the same helpful way Lakita did. By sharing my experiences, my learning’s, my plans to save, spend or invest money and how I find ways to improve personal finances I hope to make the same impact she did.
Growing up in Australia I was educated in a private all boys school which gave me a quality education to become a successful worker but not quite the right ideas on becoming financially free nor positioning myself as a business owner or with an investor mindset.
Like many families my family mindset seemed to be that “working hard will allow you to be successful”. Inherit in this mindset is that the harder you work the more you can make. Some of the things I have learnt in the last ten years challenge this concept.
A college education in teaching provided me with an independent way of thinking but also didn’t provide much in the way of “Financial Smarts”. However to give credit the best part of my tertiary education was an introduction to computers which opened my gateway to the internet.
Working for many years in IT Hardware but being passionate and interested in the Internet (back when dial up modems where all the rage) I found myself quite IT savvy and therefore was natural that my next educational step would come in the form of online business.
And it was at this point I came across some of the teachings of mindset gurus like Dr Joe Vitale, Paul Blackburn, and Bob Harrison all of whom continued challenging my financial concepts and thought processes.
Like Lakita I am on a financial journey of discovery and change and this site will enable me to share this with you my readers and the online community.
Join the PFJ Community
You don’t have to travel the journey alone! All journeys are better with company so stay connected and lets encourage each other along the way!
Twitter: You can find me on Twitter under the username (@PFJourney), I’ll share interesting links and tidbits of information here and talk with other members of our community.
Leave comments: This is probably the best way to build to build and participate in the community. I would love it if you share your thoughts on the various articles. All are encouraged to leave relevant comments or questions. Even if you disagree, I would like to hear from you. However, negative comments that attack people will be removed.
Facebook “Fan” Page: Let me be honest I have always felt Facebook was designed to keep me in contact with my friends. Trends nowadays seems to be that all kinds of people enjoy finding information and solutions on Facebook. Lakita created and I’ve continued a “fan” (ahem, public) page for PFJ to allow these people to contribute and access our Personal Finance Journey. Click here to Connect with PFJ on Facebook
Subscribe to the newsletter: If you allow your eyes to wander over to the right you’ll notice a newsletter subscription box. The newsletter will used to send additional information that may or may not be published on the website. When discounts, promotions and opportunities arrive, they will be presented to newsletter subscribers first.
Submit guest posts: If you would like to write an article on a particular personal finance topic you may submit it. Guest posts are of dual benefit because they increase exposure of your content and site and also provide a quality article for the readers here from a different point of view. Below are some bullet points you’ll need to know about guest posting here:
- You must be the author
- It cannot be published anywhere else on the Internet and must pass Copyscape checking.
- Must be relevant (ie about Personal Finance)
- Preferred length is 650 – 750 words but exceptions can be made
- Articles may be edited (rare), but the meaning will remain intact
- If your article is published, link backs and submissions to social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, PFBuzz, StumbleUpon, Tip’d etc are greatly appreciated (but not required for acceptance)
- Submission does not guaranteed publication. However, to increase your chances please stay within the guidelines and check for grammar and spelling. Also, you may contact me with a summary / topic before submitting the full article. I can give you an idea of whether I will use the article or not
- My personal preference is to have you become a regular writer and submit a number guest posts in order to build rapport with PFJ’s audience. This way you become a part of the PFJ community. This isn’t compulsory to getting guest content posted but will help your submission get my attention.
If you’re new to Personal Finance Journey, check out these recommended articles for your reading enjoyment:
- Financial Principals in the Bible
- 4 Milestones on Your Finance Journey
- Taking the First Steps on your Financial Journey
- The Debt Assessment
- 4 Quick Ways to Increase Your Cash Flow
- Road Signs on Your Financial Journey
There are ads placed on the site to help offset operating costs. I also am a member of several affiliate programs. Most ads come from an ad network, and I have only limited control of which ads appear. If you notice any that are inappropriate, please contact me and I will take the necessary steps to get them removed. I do consider advertising on PFJ occasionally, so if you are interested, please contact me.