We are living in uncertain times and many, many industries are having to adapt to the changing economic and world conditions. Some drastically and some more subtly but the truth is no job or business is ever as secure as we may want. At this time can it be wise to choose to change your model of the world as well when it comes to your earning a living? For many of us the shock of leaving our steady employment and moving into our own enterprise can make us think we were better off as an employee. Certainly there is some risk but there are some definite rewards!
So are you ready to move into being an entrepreneur?
- Have you always desired to do more, be more and have more?
- Have you thought about working for yourself or setting up a big business?
- Do you grumble and complain about your boss and know you could do it better than they ever have?
- How does it feel when you think about staying in your job or your industry for another ten years? Do you feel heavy or do you feel light?
- And when you think of stepping out on your own and following your dreams, what comes up?
If its joy or that tingle of excitement than maybe your emotions are the truest way to know what is right for you at this point in time. To run your own show and have the freedom to work when you choose and how much you choose is also a brilliant way to live. However you are completely reliant on you and have to take full responsibility for the success or failure of your new venture. The dollars in the door depend on you, how you cope with the wide gambit of emotions you will feel and go through is also completely up to you. But isn’t this what you wanted?
The learning curve is massive if you decide to shift from employee to entrepreneur and the reality is that you will need to live in the land of risk. Becoming your own boss or stepping out into your “thing” isn’t a light step to take so the best thing you can do if your at this space is work out a plan, an idea and set down on paper how you plan to accomplish all of this. However if you need certainty in your life and control then entrepreneur may not be for you just yet.
Leaving your job is not for everyone.
So if your asking yourself those questions above and they result in a feeling of fear, doubt and dread? Well to some of us getting a pay check each and every week, while sleeping peacefully each night after leaving your workplace and being able to leave all the worries of work behind while you focus on friends and family is far more desirable than wanting to move forward. For them the dream of owning your own business or working for yourself is now where near as shiny and attractive. Lets face it some of us just aren’t ready yet to be an entrepreneur.
The hard questions to ask yourself about your job.
- What’s important to you?
- What are your personal values about life?
- Who do you want to be and what do you stand for?
- If today you found out that you only had a month to live, what would you regret?
- What do you wish you had done and more importantly spent your time with in the years past?
- What quality of life do you wish for yourself and your loved ones and how committed are you to achieving those dreams, desires and aims?
If you take the time to ponder and answer these questions it might allow you to get a feel for your way and which path is right for you. Whichever path you may choose after reading my post today be proud of yourself for even searching for new possibilities, new answers and new inspiration. It is after all what life is all about.
Know someone tired of their daily grind? Recently gone into business for yourself. Leave us a comment and dont forget sharing is caring!
***Photo thanks to Quazie***