My First Post as a DINK!

by Mike on October 12, 2010

Hello Journeyers!

anthonykitaIt’s been a long time since I’ve written anything here. My personal finance journey over the last couple months has been full of twists, turns, and hills. It’s all good…I’m still on track. A few months ago, I announced my engagement. Now, I can say I’m a “DINK”, the personal finance community will recognize that is the acronym for “Dual Income No Kids”.

When I launched this blog in January 2010, I had no idea how active this year would be. Since January:

It was nothing but the grace of God that sustained me throughout this year. I have PEACE!

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. – Phil 4:7

After some rest & relaxation, I fully plan to get back to a regular posting schedule of 3-4x a week, carnival submissions, guest posting, and Twitter activity. Though I’m going to start slow with 1 post a week here and at One Money Design and build up my momentum again.

Two Facebook friends have asked me to share my wedding planning experience. So look for an article on that in the near future, as well as my first (expensive) lesson as a homeowner (uh-oh)!

I’m blessed to enter this new chapter of my life with a great man of God! ~~~ Love You Anthony ~~~

Lakita Humber Fane

****************************

In case you’re new to Personal Finance Journey, here are a few of my favorite / most popular posts:

Comparing CROWN Financial Ministries & Financial Peace University

5 Lessons from My Encounter with a Financial Advisor

Financial Principles in the Bible

Are you Investing Your Talents?

Manners & Money Series

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 1 trackback }

Smoky Mountain Getaway Roundup
October 16, 2010 at 5:05 am

LJ2Blessed October 12, 2010 at 11:12 am

You gon make me cry! The two of you look FABULOUS, and I pray that you have a blessed and beautiful marriage!
.-= LJ2Blessed´s last blog ..Its been a long time =-.

PF Journey October 15, 2010 at 9:56 am

Awww…blessings to you! I miss updating this site and am looking forward to interacting with you again!

Peter October 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm

You’re a beautiful bride Lakita, congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of wedded bless!
.-= Peter´s last blog ..Lending Club Update- Still Making Good Returns- But They Could Be Better =-.

PF Journey October 15, 2010 at 9:55 am

Thanks Peter!

Joe Plemon October 15, 2010 at 9:12 am

Congratulations Lakita!
I am very happy for both you and Anthony. I will admit that I have missed seeing you around the net, but am glad to know you are going to pick thing up again.

I suppose if you ever start a family, you will be DIWK (Dual Income With Kids), unless one of you stays home with kids, in which you will be SIWK.

What has come over me? I hate acronyms! Anyway, wishing you the very best!

PF Journey October 15, 2010 at 9:56 am

Thanks Joe! I missed you guys too!
Loving the other acronymns – LOL!

Kay Lynn Akers October 16, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Lakita, so glad you’re back. You’re a wonderful, supportive person we’ve all missed.

Congratulations to you and Anthony; you’re a beautiful couple!

PF Journey October 18, 2010 at 9:42 am

Thanks Kay! It feels so good to be back :) Saw your shout out on Twitter too….thanks for that!

Dr Dean October 16, 2010 at 5:57 pm

You sure all that happened in one year!!!
Glad to have you back writing! Stop by the blog sometime and say hello!

And I have learned a little twitter talk myself in the last few months!
.-= Dr Dean´s last blog ..Buying Meds Online- Is It Safe =-.

PF Journey October 18, 2010 at 9:43 am

If I didn’t live it….I wouldn’t believe it! But yes….all happened in one year….7 out of 9 happened since May.

Financial Samurai October 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Wow, welcome back! Great wedding pic! You’ve got a lot to catch up on, on Yakezie.com! About 40 Member Posts have been put up already. Would love to have yours up at some point too. Gotta register and stuf.. so go back to the very beginning.
.-= Financial Samurai´s last blog ..How Higher Taxes Saved Me A Boatload Of Money =-.

Lakita October 16, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Hey Sam! It feels great to be back. I was thinking about you yakezie.com earlier today, I’ll definitely check it out I would love to do a post.
.-= Lakita´s last blog ..Blog Action Day- Help Others Get Clean Fresh Water =-.

Joseph November 5, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Congrats Lakita,
Wishing you all God’s best blessings
.-= Joseph ´s last blog ..Financial Freedom Blueprint =-.